Ortus Business Finance arrange personalised business loans and leasing options for UK based businesses in any industry, including unsecured business loans, secured business loans and equipment leasing. With our lenders, finance is not offered based on credit score, but on the individual merit of the business seeking capital.
We treat each application individually but in summary we will work with you to gather all the necessary information to present your application to a one of our approved panel of funders. We will choose the funder that we think best matches your requirements to present your application to. Some funders on the panel are companies connected to us but we will always disclose to you who the funder is and will always submit your proposal to the funder(s) we consider best match your requirements regardless of these connections.
1. Collected Information
Data can be collected and processed during the operations of our website in the following ways;
- 1.1 Data regarding your visit(s) to our website and any resources used are collected including but not limited to location data, weblogs, traffic data, your IP address, operating system and browser type and any other communication information.
- 1.2 Any forms you fill out on our site allow us to collect data.
- 1.3 If for any reason you communicate with our personnel or site we may collect information.
- 1.4 From external sources such as credit bureau and customer service providers to help us with any customer verification and credit-related decisions.
- 1.5 From time to time we send targeted email campaigns to purchased data lists. Should you visit our website from one of these campaigns data regarding your visit will be collected and can be assigned back to your personal contact record.
2. Cookie Usage
- 2.1 Any information collected will not have any identifying data. It is statistical data about our visitors and how they have used our site. No personal details will be shared that could identify you.
- 2.2 We may assemble information about your common internet use with a cookie file. When used, the cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. The cookie is stored on the hard drive, with transferred information. The data sought by the cookie helps us improve our website and any service offered to you.
- 2.3 Your browser has the ability to decline cookies. This is done by setting your browser options to decline all cookies. Note: if you do decline the download of cookies, some aspects of our site may not work or allow you access.
- 2.4 Our advertisers may download cookies to which we have no control. If used, these cookies are downloaded by clicking on an advertisement found on our website.
3. Our Use of Your Information
- 3.1 Any request you make of our site or personnel allows us to use information you provide us with relating to our products or services. We may also send information on products or services you may be interested in, as long as consent has been received.
- 3.2 To meet any commitment we make to you.
- 3.3 To notify you of changes or Improvements made to this site.
- 3.4 To contact you regarding products and services we may be able to offer you related to any previous product or service obtained via this site
- 3.5 To allow third parties to use information that is not related to goods or services you may be interested in. We or third parties will contact you only if consent has been provided by you.
- 3.6 To search credit reference and fraud prevention agency records where applicable
- 3.7 To assess lending risks and to check the information and details that you provide us with
- 3.8 To operate and manage your account and manage any application, agreement or correspondence you may have with us.
- 3.9 To identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering, terrorism and other crimes
- 3.10 To trace your whereabouts, recover any debt you may owe us or to comply with our regulatory obligations. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or where we are permitted to do so by law or it is in the public interest to disclose the information or is otherwise permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you do not wish to give consent for us to use your information, you can advise us of this. Once we receive your advice, we will remove your details from any mailings or third party communications.
None of the information collected about you will offer identifiable characteristics. Information shared to a third party is statistical only. We will not reveal who you are, only mathematical information about our visitors.
4. Personal Data Storage
- 4.2 Information we are provided with will be stored on secure servers. Transaction data is encrypted for your safety.
- 4.3 Data via online transmission is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee full protection and security of the data, only that we take all reasonable action to protect information sent to us electronically. Transmission of any data by you is at your own risk. Where applicable you may be given access to sections of our site that require a password. You are responsible for the passwords safety and confidentiality.
We may store:
- 4.3.1 Your name, address, phone numbers, email address, date of birth, employment and banking and financial details.
- 4.3.2 Information we receive when making a decision about you, your loan or application
- 4.3.3 Details of the loans you have and have had with us or been arranged through us
- 4.3.4 Details of when you contact us and when we contact you as well as any other information which we reasonably need to operate your account, make decisions about you or fulfil our regulatory obligations.
- References to personal information include all of the information above whether obtained from you, from a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, from the internet or any other source.
5. Information Disclosure
We will keep your personal information confidential and only share it with others for the purposes explained in this policy. We have trusted relationships with carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. Examples of service providers we use are a payment processor and an email service provider. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information and to use it only as permitted by us.
- 5.1 We may share information about you, and your visits to our site, with:
- 5.2.1 Any firm, organisation or person in conjunction with whom we provide products and services
- 5.2.2 Persons in our group. This can include subsidiaries, holding companies, or any other subsidiaries involved in our business, if applicable;
- 5.2.3 Regulators, ombudsmen or other authorities, including tax authorities, where we are legally requested by them to do so
- 5.2.4 Any firm, organisation or person to whom we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) our business or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you
- 5.2.5 Credit reference or fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud, to help in fraud protection and to reduce credit risk.
6. Third Party Links
7. Information Accessibility
We cannot withhold data we collect about you, as per The Data Protection Act 1998. This act provides you with access to any information we may hold on you. If you wish to have access about our data collection on you please pay our fee of £10. The fee covers our costs for processing your request and getting the data to you. Please use the contact details below to formulate your data access request.
You don’t pay anything directly to Ortus Business Finance, we are remunerated by the funder on a variable commission basis typically a percentage of the advance.
9. Making the Repayments
If you feel that your business is struggling to make repayments, or you feel that your business is getting into financial difficulty after taking out a lease or loan through Ortus Business Finance, please get in contact with your funder straight away so they can understand your circumstances and agree the best way forward.
Ortus has a managed complaints procedure so if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service you have received from us please get in touch and we will investigate the matter and endeavor to resolve it. You can also make your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman on www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. Contact us for a full copy of our complaints procedure.